Tuesday, 25 March 2014

My Liebster Award - A Tasty Morsel Indeed!

OK, when Milady Fury thrusts one of these at you, there is no point in even trying to decline - however politely. The lady simply doesn't understand the words, 'Thank you, but I think I'll pass on this occasion.'. It's rather like telling Father Ted's Mrs Doyle that you don't want a cup of tea:





Actually, it's all good fun, so thank you indeed, Milady. So, here goes. Firstly, on pain of death, I must link back to Milady's web page, because she's the one who handed me this award.

Next, I have to answer the 10 questions she set me on her blog.

1. Which fictional character would you most fancy having a fling with and why?

Sawyer from Lost. You really need a reason? Just look!


2 You’ve been shipwrecked on a desert island, what man ..sorry book can’t you be without?

The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde. There are a lot of them - but all in one book. 

3 What inspires you? Places or people?

Both really. Vienna always inspires me. I can go out of my door, walk a few metres in any direction and feel inspired for the rest of the day. Equally, there are many people I find inspiring. Nelson Mandela, for example.

4 What little tome are you working on right now?
 
 Freya's Choice has been having a re-edit and is now sitting on one side for a few weeks, so I can read it with fresh eyes before sending it back to a publisher who has been kind enough to express interest in it. As the name suggests, a rather senior Norse goddess is involved. This one is a paranormal romance. Not erotic, as my previous two were.

5 Who would you like to see in the movie version?

This gorgeous hunky guy would be perfect for Mark Latimer. We'd have to hire a vocal coach to tone down the accent though! His name's Giulio Berruti and he's an Italian actor.

6 In your own books do you have a favourite character and why?

I like Eve in Freya's Choice because she's had some tough breaks, but she refuses to be a victim. She also stands up to Freya and that takes some guts, I can tell you!

7 What do you think is the best book movie?

This is a tough one because there have been some great adaptations - there have also been some real turkeys too. One of my favourites from a long time ago was Somewhere in Time, starring Christopher Reeve and adapted from the Richard Matheson timeslip novel. Delicious.

8 Roughly how long does it take you to write a book?

Three to six months but can be shorter or longer.

9 Favorite food?

Wiener Schnitzel at the moment

10 Any bits in your book you are embarrassed to show your family?

If we were in contact, I'd happily show them Freya's Choice 
Now, here are my ten questions:

1. If you could live at any time in history, when would it be and why?

2. Which of your characters do you most identify with, and why?

3. You have won two tickets for a romantic weekend at a destination of your choosing. Who would you take and where would you go?

4. Which book have you read that you most wish you'd written?

5. What are you currently working on?

6. What is your idea of heaven?

7. Who inspires you, and why?

8.  Which of your books are you most proud of?

9. have you ever had a recurring dream? What was it about?

10. What comes first for you as a writer - the plot or the main character(s)?

And I nominate these victims - er- I mean lucky people, to take up the gauntlet of the Liebster Award. Go on, you know you want to...

Susan Roebuck
Jerrie Alexander
Suz deMello
Noelle Clark
Dani-Lyn Alexander
Ally Shields

4 comments:

  1. I love Somewhere in Time, too. Schnitzel is great, too. I take mine in the form of Jagerschnizel (I love cooking German food and drinking Riesling). Loved reading your post and hope some day to visit Vienna in my european travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out the way, I'm coming to your island.... Seriously, great post.. I forgive Fury for stealing the award now I read all the answers of those she nominated. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You;re always very welcome, Shehanne. Thank you!

      Delete