Friday, 2 August 2013

The Hottie-Scottie is HERE! His Judas Bride by Shehanne Moore



 
 
"Every district has its ‘last wolf’.” Sobieski Stuart. 


The lovely Shehanne Moore has 'borrowed' some of my flames, and taken over my blog, to talk about wolves, Highland warriors and her long awaited latest novel,  His Judas Bride ...-

 Few animals have captured people’s imagination like the wolf. For thousands of years, wolves have frightened.  Do we have were-tigers? Were-hippos? The Three Little Pigs being afraid of the Big Bad Panda? Red Riding Hood’s Granny being devoured by a bear?

Or the boy who cried fox? Did Antonia make her lovely Karl a zebra when the moon was full? 

And wasn’t the plastic wolf in the toy animal tin so much scarier than the plastic lion and tiger? Did you even have one? I did. There was something quite unnerving about it, especially when my sister put it in my doll’s house.

But wolves fascinate in equal measure, perhaps because there’s a part of us that identifies with their wild, untamed spirit. Wolves are definitely sexy, smexy-  Antonia’s certainly is. Generally intractable to human handling, monogamous and living in packs. 

So when it came to having a Highland romance--a hottie Scottie—I just had to have a wolf. These Highlander warriors liked their names—for example there’s the Wolf of Badenoch. Suddenly there he was, the Black Wolf of Lochalpin. Is he man? Is he monster? Is he shape-shifter? Is he supernatural? All things that are said of him. And what about these men who ride with him, the Brotherhood of Wolves?


  How did he get that nick-name? Did he really sell his soul to the devil? And is it possible that having done so, he is still a creature of flesh and blood?

These are questions I’m not going to answer here...Awwww!.....although I can say that there’s ways for a hottie Scottie to find that last bit out there. Clue – 


 His Judas Bride is out from Etopia Press today (Amazon.com Amazon.co.uk Amazon.ca  Barnes and Noble ARe Kobo  and I want to thank the lovely Antonia Van Zandt for inviting me here to her fabulous blog. I’ve met many fantastic, generous and kind authors in the year since I first signed with Etopia Press; she is one of them. She’s got the cover to show, the blurb...and a little extract...

To love.......

To save her son, there is nothing she won’t do. To save his people, neither will he. Dire circumstances force Kara McGurkie to forget she’s a woman. Dire circumstances force her to swear to love and honor; to help destroy a clan in order to get back the life she lost.  But when dire circumstances force her to seduce her fiancé’s brother on the eve of the wedding, will the dark secrets she holds and the things she wants most, be enough to save her and them, from his powerful allure? Especially when she knows he may just be playing with her.

Honor....

 Callm McDunnagh, the Black Wolf of Lochalpin, ruthlessly guards heart and glen from dangerous intruders. But from the moment he first sees Kara he knows he must possess her, even though he also knows that surrendering to his desire may prove the most dangerous risk of all.

And betray...;

Now no problem becomes big problem as passion and desire rage out of control. Kara must look into the soul she thought she sold to make a choice. But can she look deep enough? Only she can decide who and what passion can save, or destroy, how when and who will finally learn the truth of the words… Till death do us part.

His Judas Bride – desiring her could be murder...

Extract. 

      Kara struggled up. A woman here meant she was safe. Although what flared in her blood was so unwelcome there was no harm making doubly sure. She wouldn’t want this woman, or any other, thinking she had somehow invited him onto the bed with her, would she? To sprawl, in that unseemly fashion, on top of her too.
      “I—I’m Lady Kara McGurkie.” Grabbing the woman’s hand, she peered through her plastered strands of hair. “Yes. And I—I was on my w-way to marry Lord Ewen w-w-when that…that m-man there—”
       “Don’t you even go there, Princess.”
        He might have retreated to the doorway, but he wasn’t any tamer. In fact his eyes stood out like ice in the dim smoky light. Polished silver as they held hers, and so indignantly, coldly furious, a chill swept down Kara’s spine.
        “I wouldn’t long-pole you to save my life.”
        That was so very definite. What on earth was she worrying about? The breath sharpened in her lungs, rushing through her nostrils. That he wouldn’t to save his life. Why, the damned bastard should be so fortunate.

 You can connect with Shehanne here:
   

10 comments:

  1. Antonia....thank you for hosting me here today. You know I love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I'm enjoying every morsel of this book, Shey! Great characters, great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh Shaz thank you so much. I love how you!!!!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to download it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I love his ... um...armband. Yeah that's it. I'll just focus on his arms for awhile, then move to the next piece of him. *sigh* Great cover! Downloading like, now. You'll have to forgive me if I just stare it a for while before I start reading. LOL Congrats Shey! Happy Release Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol..thank you Anne. You are all honies. YOi just stare....!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds enthralling and can't wait to read. Another captivating man...oh Shehanne, what have you done to my Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ne..Suze.. you need to leave it alone!!!

    ReplyDelete