Friday, 5 July 2013

I've Won A Summer Sun Award!

While we’re basking in the sun in Vienna, I am told that the poor old UK is once again shrouded in cloud – well parts of it anyway. Meanwhile, the sun has become rather too extreme in some parts of the USA and, in Australia, it’s winter!

With all this confusion, I was delighted to receive the brand new Summer Sun Award, presented to me by the vivacious and prolific Shehanne Moore (and if you haven’t visited her fantastic blog yet, of read of Lady Fury’s wild exploits, shame on you! Here’s the link. You can redeem yourself by hopping over there when you’ve finished here).

So the Summer Sun Award is for bloggers who brighten the day in some way, either by their blog content or by what they do for others. Here’s how it works: 

Firstly you display the logo and link back to the blog of the person who nominated you. Then you answer the following summery questions before nominating a lucky eight ….one for each sunray on the picture there. Then you must tell the lucky eight and name and display their blog link. Of course the questions are all summer based. 

Here they are, along with my answers:




Favourite song with summer in the title or the words (give the line)  

Has to be San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott McKenzie. "Summertime will be a love-in there." Harks back to more innocent times when being aged under 25 meant you could change the world for the better.

 
Favourite book about summer (could be a children's book)

This was a tough one for me, but I did love The Bridges of Madison County
 by Robert James Waller

Favourite hot summer film 

The Go Between

All that pent up lust in a hot Edwardian summer...

Favourite summer memory

Feeding tiny Alpine birds and cheeky red squirrels in a cool pine forest in Seefeld (in the Tyrol). The birds would land on my upraised palm and take the corn I was holding for them, and the squirrels ran up the legs of my jeans and ate peanuts in my lap. Enchanting!

Favourite summer holiday destination

Venice


What books will be in your suitcase this summer?

I haven't read the latest from Jackie Collins yet, so The Power Trip
and Danielle Steel's Until The End Of Time


What’s your likely destination this summer?

 Sorry but I'm being boring and staying home this summer. Enjoying the long summer days, lazing around with good friends and good wine. Sheer Gemütlichkeit!

What hottie would you most like to be sharing the hot days and long nights with this summer? 

Well, I have often been tempted when gazing upon Josh Holloway's stunning physique and I certainly wouldn't say no, but he does seem to be rather busy these days (and has been known to spend time with Shehanne too). Yesterday, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I was able to watch the tennis from Wimbledon. Now, I'm quite taken with the smooth, dark good looks of World Number One, Novak Djokovic, but the hunk stakes definitely go to German player, Tommy Haas. His eyes smoulder...

Sadly, Novak beat him, but it was fun watching the two of them go at it hammer and tongs for a couple of hours - on the tennis court I mean. With racquets. Oh get your minds out of the gutter you naughty people!
Tommy
Novak





Okay that’s it.

My eight nominees are:




4 comments:

  1. Sadly for your eyes Antonia... That horrible Novak doing that. What a fab post though. I love all your choices. And it certainly brightened my late afternoon... in many ways..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shehanne. I'm not cross with Novak thogh. He won a brilliant match this afternoon!

      Delete
  2. Hi Antonia. Congratulations on your Sunny Summer Award. Scott McKenzie, Venice, Novak (although I'm glad Andy Murray got up). All faves of mine too. Have a great week. Cheers, Noelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle. Have a great week too!

      Delete