Sunday, 16 June 2013

Eden Summers Talks About Blind Attraction - And Prizes!


 I'm delighted to be joined by author Eden Summers, whose Book Tour for her new release, Blind Attraction, is stopping off here today. She has sunk herself into my comfiest sofa, drunk a large glass of Blauer Zweigelt and now she's going to tell us why she wants to be stranded on a desert island with McGyver.
 Oh, and did I forget to mention? She's giving away prizes too!
 
Hi Eden, firstly, without giving too much away, tell us more about 'Blind Attraction' and what led you to write it.
Blind Attraction is the first book in the Reckless Beat series. It’s a contemporary erotic romance about the lead guitarist – Mitchell Davies and a woman entirely out of her element – Alana Shelton.

What led me to write it? Music. I was inspired by a lot of the lyrics to Daughtry’s songs and the series came to life quite quickly.
When did you first start writing and what did you write?

I’m only relatively new to writing. A few years ago I started my first piece—a contemporary romance about another band of rock stars. Unfortunately, it still isn’t finished and is a big ol’ mess. But I hope to dig in and publish it one day…when I have more patience to correct all my mistakes ;)

I have a few like that! They lurk in drawers an challenge me when I;m least expecting it. Now, who are your favourite authors/books and why?
I’m a huge fan of Cindy Gerard. She has a great mix of suspense, sexiness and dominant males. She doesn’t waste words. Every page, every paragraph, every sentence, is perfection. I also love Gena Showalter, Kresley Cole, J.R. Ward, the list goes on.

Writers today need to be self-marketers. What do you love/hate about promoting yourself and what advice would you give to new writers about online marketing (using social media etc)?
I love being able to interact with readers. That is the biggest bonus to promotion. I hate? Umm, probably the time it takes away from my writing. I strongly believe in doing a lot of marketing, but a lot of marketing means a lot of time.
My advice to new writers would be to realize that book bloggers run their blogs (usually) without any financial reward. Respect that they are doing you a favor and not the other way around. Great relationships with bloggers can be invaluable and I’ve made a lot of great friends who dedicate their spare time to promoting our work.
Excellent advice, Eden. Now, for a bit of fun. If you were to be stranded on a desert island with four other people (living or dead, real or fictional) who would they be - and why?

1. My husband – always. I can’t live without him. I won’t say my children, because hopefully they will be home safe with my parents. 2. MacGyver. I’m hoping that dude can find the food and water and make a shelter. 3. My sister-in-law. I’d need female companionship and she is an awesome female who wouldn’t try and seduce my husband during the lonely nights ;). And 4 … Hmm, maybe someone hunky to provide entertainment like Raffaelloe Balzo, Jason Momoa or David Gandy.



Blind Attraction
(Reckless Beat #1)

He can seduce with a single glance.

Peering down at a sea of fans, rock star, Mitchell Davies can’t deny the innocent beauty of a woman in the front row. He’ll stop at nothing to get to know her. When a public altercation leaves her weak and defenseless, he takes the opportunity to be her savior.

She’s been sheltered from the world.

Alana Shelton wants to spread her wings and experience life away from her restrictive upbringing. But she isn’t prepared for a gorgeous stranger to sweep her off her feet while at her most vulnerable.

Attraction will bring them together, but their pasts will try to tear them apart.

He wants to teach her how to trust, but she’ll show him how to love. In a glamorous world of rock-and-roll, only time will tell if they’re up for the challenge.


Want more information on Eden?
Eden Summers Website
Facebook Page
Twitter


Now for those fantastic prizes!


The giveaway is open internationally.

4 comments: