Tuesday, 5 March 2013

To Hiss Or To Kiss - Katya Armock Interviews Her Hero




Today I'm joined by fellow Etopia Press Paranormal Erotic Romance author, Katya Armock, and it seems she's brought a rather gorgeous friend...


Thank you, Antonia, for hosting me. Today I’ve been interviewing my hero, Jorge. He’s a jaguar shape-shifter. 

Katya: Thank you for agreeing to let me interview you, Jorge.

Jorge: I am your character. I felt it would be rude to decline.

Katya: OK. Well, let’s get started. Where did you grow up?

Jorge: I grew up in Belize City, but my family spent most weekends at my uncle’s preserve near what is now the Cockscomb Basin Nature Preserve. I also spent time each summer with my paternal grandparents in Ohio. I am currently living in their house, now that they have passed on.


Katya: I’m sorry for your loss. Do you miss being in Belize?

Jorge: Sometimes. My jaguar misses it the most. No one thinks it’s weird to see a jaguar lounging in a tree in the jungle. I’m sure people would feel differently if they saw that in Ohio.

Katya: Yes, I think they would.

Jorge: My parents live full-time in Scotland now, near Edinburgh. My brother and his family also live there. My parents got a place there when I was 11 so we could spend time with our Scottish relatives.

Katya: So you’re quite the world traveler. Where did you go to college?

Jorge: MIT. 

Katya: Right. You’re a techno geek.

Jorge: Some would say that. One of my first childhood hobbies was building robots. I specialize in high tech security. Being a shape-shifter, it is important that we keep our identity a secret. My day job is more focused on managing my family’s financial portfolio.

Katya: How about a fun question. If you were on an online dating site, what would your user name be?

Jorge: SexyNerd

Katya: Why that?

Jorge: When Chloe called me that, I knew I had a shot with her.

Here's the blurb for To Hiss Or To Kiss:
  
Chloe can “talk” to animals…so why can she hear the thoughts of this hot, green-eyed man?

Abandoned by her mother and raised by a father who’d given up on life, Chloe doesn’t let anyone get close. Lucky for her, she can communicate with animals—telepathically. Her long hours at the animal shelter help her cope with the stress, and the animals are the only people she needs. But when a suspected dog-fighting ring comes to her attention, Chloe decides to do a little spying. And in her rush to win the dogs’ trust, she almost gets herself caught.

Until a sexy stranger intervenes, and she finds she can overhear his thoughts. She’s never been able to hear people, and this man’s about as sexy as she’s ever seen. It’s more than intellectual curiosity that drives her to discover his secret: he’s a jaguar shape-shifter, and the presence of this cat among the dogs might be a bit too much to handle. But the animal attraction is just too hot to resist, and the passion between them makes both the sparks—and the fur—fly…




Now, here's an excerpt: 

“Despite how things were left last night, I am still concerned for your welfare, Chloe. It was not my intent to upset you last night. I am, uh, I am…”

I want to jump in and finish his sentence with something like “stupid,” “mercurial,” “heartless,” “a cad,” et cetera, but I bite my tongue. I did, after all, admit I might already be in love with him earlier today. Perhaps I shouldn’t do anything to completely screw this up.

So instead of a biting retort, I soften my expression but still stare mercilessly, willing him to look back up and meet my eyes.

He finally looks up, his eyes pleading with me to understand. “…I do not do well interacting with people. And I don’t tell people my secrets.”

I find myself melting a little when I see some chinks through the wall he erected last night. “Yeah, well, I can understand that.”

He looks mildly surprised that I’m not berating him or stomping past him to get in my car. Am I really that harsh?

Yeah, maybe. No, definitely, if I go on what he’s seen of me.

“You do?” He looks more vulnerable, and therefore more sexy, by the minute.

“I know having to hide a part of yourself puts up a pretty big barrier to maintaining relationships,” I say, and find I mean it. I smile. “And you do seem like kind of a nerd, too.” I’m relieved by the slight upturn to his lips.

“A nerd?”

“Yeah. You’re quiet and I bet you know a lot. You’ve got a bookish vibe.” At that he seems a little crestfallen, and I worry I just undid any repairs I’d made to this incredibly awkward conversation/relationship/future marriage/whatever.

“That’s not a bad thing. Nerdy can be cool. I’m somewhat of a science nerd and bookish myself. And you’re a pretty sexy nerd, so it’s all good.” Oh, God. There go my capillaries again.

I decide the best way to save face ­is to keep staring at him, so I see his mouth widen into a satisfied grin. His nervousness seems to have evaporated, and he’s back to cool cat. “You think I’m sexy?”

“And if I do?”
Buy Links:
Amazon
BN.com
AllRomance
Amazon.uk
Amazon.de
Amazon.fr





 About the Author:


I  like books that are funny and fun to read (and hot!) but also make me think or look at the world in a new way. I am influenced by magic realism, comparative mythology, and esoteric spiritual practices from around the world.

I spent too many years chasing someone else’s definition of success. My life simplified, I returned to my first love of writing.

These days you’ll find me writing, pet sitting, juggling a number of freelance gigs, and reigning as my home’s domestic goddess. I live in the Midwestern U.S. with my husband, dog and cats. Alas, I have, as of yet, been unable to teach my husband how to purr.

Website: http://katyaarmock.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/katyaarmock

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/KatyaArmock

2 comments: